I show you how to be a ballpark hottie for $15 or less!
This is my third “fashion” post and as always these designs will all be $15 and under. Ladies can look good at the park without shelling out $25+ on apparel.
Today’s featured team are the Cleveland Indians- team might hail from the mistake by the lake, but this shirt sure isn’t! The design for this t-shirt was inspired by the book, Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-Shirt.
Follow the steps below for a unique spin on the everyday team shirt:
1. I ordered this shirt off of MLB.com in the clearance section for $11.98 in medium. To avoid chalk marks on the front (not that they don’t erase easily, I flipped the shirt inside out to draw on the cut marks.
2. I drew my chalk marks on the back of the shirt folded the shirt on its side so when I cut it would be equal. Here is where a happy mistake happened- when I cut I accident cut the front of the shirt too- oops! No worries though since I stopped before I cut into the front logo.
3. I finished my cutting on the back of the top, also cutting off the top and bottom of the shirt so it would stretch a little more.
4. To “fix” the front of the shirt I got creative and borrowed from another design in the book and braided up the shirt to the logo. To do this you take the bottom strip and pull it over the next strip, making a loop. Then grab the next strip up and continue this looping motion until you get to the top. On the final strip, cut it in half and tie a knot so it stays. Then fold the knot under the top of the shirt. You can also opt to sew it.
5. Once you’re done looping the shirt, gently tug on the ends to loosen up the braid. Here is my final result:
This shirt certainly didn’t turn out like I expected, but I love it none the less! Took about 10 minutes to make and you can play around with red or white tanks underneath. If you do opt to show skin, make sure you put on some sunscreen, can’t imagine the tan/burn lines you might get!
Check out my previous posts for more diy shirts: